Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We Are Safe...And Weathering the Weather



I didn’t intend to make another post until my new computer arrives.

However, I did want to let everyone know that we have survived Sandy, and we were among those least hit, although we had been forewarned we would be among the hardest.

God is good!

Here are a few pictures from our front porch this morning:





As you can see….the ground isn’t even covered all the way. We had been told to expect more than 31-inches of snow!  There are areas in the higher elevations hit hard….however, we were spared.

Snow continues to be forecast, mixed with rain, for the comings days [through Friday]. But the temperature remains high enough that the ground is not frozen, and so it’s muddy and melting beneath.

We never lost electrical power, although many have. We prepared just in case. I spent yesterday morning cooking food for the next 8 days. Just to be prepared. So, we will simply heat in the microwave until that is used up! Yeah! A week free of cooking! Ha ha

We are praying for all of those who were hit so hard. And for those families who were devastated by the loss of life. We pray God’s blessings on them and His tender mercies. Our hearts are with you all!

My new computer is due in any day now. And until it arrives, I will continue limiting my input on this blog. [I am using DH’s tiny netbook, which is almost impossible for me to type on! Call me old-fashioned, but I require a full size keyboard! And no…..I don’t text!]

I ask that you all continue to consider giving a donation to the American Red Cross at this time, or to your local first responders.

Thank you, Lord, for keeping us safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment