Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ready To Put Up My Feet!


It’s been quite the busy day here. Exhausting as always for me! Why?

Everytime I head out to go marketing, I am worn out at the end of the day! And today was marketing day for us here.

I am so ready to put my feet up, and get to work on the Christmas tree snowflakes!
 
My stack is growing! I have 33 snowflakes so far!

We began the day as we always do, with Texican at the kitchen table, sipping tea. I had…

…raspberry yogurt for breakfast.

Then I showered, dressed, and we made up our weekly menu, and grocery list. [For the next 8 days.] Then headed out to do the marketing.

Oh, how I wish I had taken my camera along with me! The trees are beautifully orange and gold and auburn right now!

We headed down to Covington, where we went to the local Salvation Army and Goodwill. We were able to load up on supplies for Texican to work on his crafts, for wee bits of hardly any cash! Then we headed over to Walmart.

I picked up three more balls of Peaches & Crème for the 12-Days of Christmas dishcloths, I am working on.

We walked through the crafts department, as well as the lawn and garden departments, where we are already inundated with Christmas decorations! Love how they can inspire me!!!

We gathered up the next eight-days worth of groceries, and headed back home.

We did grab us a pack of…

….bakery cream horns, which we split and ate on the way home. [2 ½ cream horns each!] We called this lunch, since we were both starving at the time!

By the time we got home, my hip and knee were simply killing me, so Texichick helped me to put away the purchases. [She’s such a big help!]

Then I came in and worked on emails and blogs for the next 2 hours, before heading back out and making dinner.

A very simple dinner. Frito Pie.

This version is quite simple actually.
 
2 9.75-oz. packages of Fritos;
 
4 cans Hormel vegetarian chili,
 
and 8-oz. package of taco blend finely shredded cheese.

Layer these in a casserole. And bake at 375-degrees until the cheese is melted.

Marvelous! [I ate 1-1/2 helpings!]

So… with all of these eats, how are my stats for the day?

Calories: 1,600            [+160]

Carbs: 183g                 [-15]

Fats: 79g                     [+31]

Protein: 49g               [-5]

Sodium: 2705mg        [+1205]

Well, not exactly my best day… but not exactly my worst either! [Haven’t done so well this week! Must work harder!!!]

So, what’s our menu for the coming week?

1] Betty Crocker Boxed Dinner and Vegetable
2] Dining at my sisters [or bologna & cheese sandwiches if plans fail]
3]Taco Salad
4] Baked chicken thighs, boiled potatoes, corn on cob
5] Meatless Macaroni and Sauce, Italian Bread, green beans
6] Chili Dogs and fries
7] Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Every night there is meat, I will substitute with my soy protein substitute. [I’ve mentioned before… I can’t digest meats.]

I’m afraid we are going to have to start buckling our belts a bit tighter. Groceries today came to $188. That’s almost $40 over budget! Going to have to look for cheaper ways to eat!

I did manage to get the bags from the marketing cut and made into plarn!

 I am crocheting a contour rug to put around my commode in the master bath.

Well, I am off. I am heading over to Netflix to watch more of Upstairs Downstairs and work more on my snowflakes!

Let’s meet back here tomorrow, shall we?

I’m making a casserole dish of homemade bread pudding with white sauce tomorrow. Let’s share a bowl, with a cup of Earl Grey! See you then!

Have a wonderful evening dear ones!

Me Today

Dailey Scaley: 244.0

Lost to Date: -58.8

No comments:

Post a Comment