Monday, October 22, 2012

Slow, Slow Day


You know those days, don’t you?

The ones where you feel like you’re running full speed…. But in quicksand? The harder and faster and you run, the deeper in the stuff you get?

Yep…. It’s been one of those days.

And now…My Fitness Pal is down for maintenance. Been down for a couple of hours now, and I can’t get my dinner in to figure up my stats for the day! So…. This is going to be one of “Those” posts!

I began my day with tea and toast, which I applied a little raspberry preserves to. [About a teaspoon all together!] Not much of a breakfast…but I did enjoy it.

DH had awoken me at 8:30, after I had not gone to bed until 4:15! Therefore the quicksand slogging all day! Ugh!

I checked my correspondence this morning, and read the blogs I so enjoy. Then went to work writing. But I simply could not stay concentrated on the project at hand. I need a good night’s sleep!!!

So, I simply read all day.

At lunch I broke and made DH and I a potted meat sandwich, and opened a small tin of beans and wieners for each of us. Pretty decent lunch actually!

After lunch, I peeled and cut up 2-large onions, 3-stalks celery, and about 6 large potatoes. I put them in the crockpot, and covered them with water, and added salt and pepper liberally. I set the temperature on high.

At 5 p.m. I ladled the water out of the pot, added 2 cans of evaporated milk, along with 4 cups of water, 1 cup being hot water with cornstarch, which made a roux.

I continued cooking on high for another 45-minutes. Oh, my but this was a wonderful potato soup! Large chunky potatoes, celery and onions!
 
I also sliced a loaf of French bread, for dipping in the thick stew. So delicious!!! Even DH loved this! Yummy!

I can’t begin to tell you what my stats were for the day.

[Terrible thing that we rely totally on a website for such things! Back in the day, I had a calorie counter book to help me do this, and I ran around with a notepad and pencil! Now I consult a website after everything I eat!]

And now?

I am heading over to Netflix to watch more of the series Brothers & Sisters [Sally Field and Calista Flockhart]. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a serial! Lovin’ this show! I’m up to episode 11 of Season 1. Great show!

While I watch, I am working on snowflakes for my Christmas tree and Christmas cards project! Keeps my hands busy!

What are you working on today?

Tomorrow I am heading over to spend a few hours visiting with my parents. Then it will be back home to get a little writing done, if my brain will work! [Writers block is the worst!]

Let’s meet back here for a little Earl Grey as we unwind for the day! And let’s hope that the My Fitness Pal website is back up by then!


And I almost forgot about the great eBay buy that came in today!
[the big Bible]

I’ve been watching German Bible’s on auction sites for quite some time now, as I wanted one for me, and one for my mother. [My maternal great-grandparents were German.] It was simply something I’d longed to have. Last week I came across an auction about to end, and I was able to purchase both a full size German Bibel [both old and new testaments] and a new testament. Both are over 100 years old [the full Bible from 1884, and the new testament from 1906]. Others are selling for any where from $160 to several hundred of dollars [some even without covers!]. I was able, by watching for a closing auction, to grab these two, sold together, for only $5 plus postage! And their covers are excellent!
[the new testament]

Aren’t they lovely?
[interior of the big Bible]

The full Bible is now on my mantel, and the new testament will be traveling to my mother tomorrow. I can hardly wait to give it to her!

Have a great evening everyone!

Me Today

Dailey Scaley: 241.4

Lost to Date: -60.4

No comments:

Post a Comment