Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12.0


 
I had high hopes of something new and exciting when receiving this product for review. And perhaps if I had a physical disability I would have enjoyed the product more. Unfortunately, I didn't like it. Not at all.
 
Maybe it's the fact that I had to go the extra mile with it, with things I type without even thinking about any more.
 
Like what? When giving the verbal commands in Word document, I would literally have to speak "New paragraph. Indent four spaces. Quote. It is a good day to die. Unquote. said the capital I-n-d-i-a-n punctuation period. "
 
Now I don't know about everyone else, but I have been typing for nearly 50 years, which means that most things are done instinctual now for me. So, things like punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. come without any forethought. It took me twenty minutes to get Dragon Naturally Speaking to type what would have taken me 2 if I had typed it myself.
 
Perhaps it's true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or maybe this trick simply was not for this old dog.
 
I can truly see where someone with physical disabilities could definitely utilize this more than I. I can also see someone with less in-grained habit using it. Just...not me.
 
The program functioned exactly as described, and as such I have to give it....
...Five Stars and....
 
 

...a Thumbs Up.
 
 
****DISCLOSURE: This program was provided by Amazon Vine in exchange for an independent and non-biased review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment