Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday in a Nutshell


It’s been a busy, and tiring day.

First of all, I didn’t get to bed until almost 4 a.m. this morning. Yes, I know…. Looks like I’ve got my days and nights all messed up! And then I was back up at 8:30 to stay this morning, in hopes I could get straightened out somewhat. So, I have been dragging my tushy around all day!

Texican and I shared tea and coffee this morning,
 
and I had a cup of raspberry yogurt with 2 slices of Italian toast and 2-teaspoons of raspberry preserves. Quite a good breakfast!

Then I got busy cooking.

I had a whole loaf of left over, and very stale, white bread. This I tore into small pieces and made into ...
 
...an old-fashioned bread pudding, using my lovely ...
 
...Fannie Farmer 1896 cookbook! It was wonderful! I at a big serving of this for lunch!

This afternoon, I edited Mom’s Christmas book, and got it uploaded to the printer. It should be here in about a week to ten days! Can’t wait!

Got a big order on our Etsy shop today. This I still need to pack and get shipped out to the buyer in the next 72 hours.

Next I baked an applesauce cake.
 
Have it ready to go to my parents tomorrow. [There’s a cousin coming in that I haven’t seen in over 20 years! I am so excited!]

By this time, it was time to fix dinner. A Betty Crocker boxed dinner for Texican  and Texichick, which didn’t turn out exactly right. Not sure what happened to it, but the noodles were crunchy they said. I must have left a step out [???]. And some cut green beans on the side. Instead of the casserole, I had ...
 
...2 – Morning Star Garden Veggie Burgers.

So… what were my stats for the day?

Calories: 929               [-511]

Carbs: 141g                 [-57]

Fats: 18g                     [-30]

Protein: 56g               [+2]

Sodium: 1,893mg       [+393]

I am NOT complaining! After my many days of going over on everything here lately, this looks very good to me!

After dinner, Texican and I watched One Missed Call ...
 
...on the SyFy channel. I think I’d seen parts of the beginning before, but had never finished it. Somewhat scary, but way too predictable for me.

After the movie, I baked a pan of cornbread to take with me tomorrow to my sister’s. She is making a big pot of chili. I thought that would be an excellent complement to the dinner.

And now?

I’m heading over to Netflix to watch a little more of Upstairs Downstairs. [I am totally addicted!]

What are you working on this evening? I’m grabbing my pile of crochet work and making some more snowflakes before I crawl into bed!

Let’s meet back here tomorrow, where I hope to have some pictures of my visiting family!

We’ll share some Earl Grey, okay?

Until then, have a wonderful evening!

Me Today

Dailey Scaley: 244.0

Lost to Date: -58.8

[Hmmm…. Me thinks the scale is stuck!]

No comments:

Post a Comment