Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Evening - I Survived the Weekend!


Well, here it is Sunday evening, and I have survived! Woo-hoo! Actually I did better than survived… I thrived!!!

This morning I was able to do my yoga poses without any pain while performing the stretches! Now that’s something I haven’t been able to do in a long, long time! So excited about that!

When I stepped onto the scale first thing this morning, I had to step back off, because I wasn’t sure it was reading my weight correctly! I am officially down 20.2 pounds!!!! And I am just so happy! Even DH commented on my extra baggy “britches” this morning. And if he notices…then I KNOW it’s noticeable! Yeah me!!!

I managed to not only finish up a genealogy study for my cousins last night, but I even managed to get the whole thing uploaded and to the printer this morning, and it’s ready for printing. Talk about a happy buzz! Now I am fast at work on my Dad’s Christmas gift, which is a photo album of all of the documents and papers, as well as photographs for his family. And I mean ALL of them! Over 700 pages, it contains documents from his great-grandfather who was born in 1792! How cool is that? He’s been asking for this for a couple of years. So, I am excited to finish it up for him for his Christmas gift.

Once I get his finished, then I can get back to writing the novel for my older granddaughters for Christmas.

Yes… I am a BUSY woman!

So, this morning DH slept in, and I ate a cup of yogurt for breakfast, alone.

When lunch time rolled around, I wasn’t real hungry, but I did make us a peanut butter sandwich. In making the sandwich, I used Walmart’s Great Value Creamy Peanut Butter. I usually purchase only Peter Pan, and then I purchase the large bulk size….the huge 6-pound can!
 
But last Wednesday, I was trying to cut corners and bought the Great Value brand, thinking what kind of difference could there really be???

A LOT of DIFFERENCE!

First, the peanut butter is quite thick, and doesn’t spread easily. It was difficult to put it on the bread! It wanted to tear the bread apart.  Yuck! Then the flavor is most bland. And it’s dry. You can’t possibly eat it without having something to wash it down.

I give the Great Value Creamy Peanut Butter a single star [there is no lower scale]
 
and a big thumbs down.

Next, I made a pot of coffee, using, you guessed it, Great Value Classic Roast Coffee.
 
Okay, to start with, I’ve only just started drinking in the last couple of years. I’ve always snubbed it, and found it lacking in flavor. But suddenly, I found my tastes had changed, and I even crave the drink now! Not a lot…usually just a single cup a day. Sometimes I go back for a second. Always with just a splash of milk. But I’ve always purchased Folger’s Classic Roast.
 
Until now. Again, trying to save a dollar, I purchased the Great Value Brand. Big mistake. HUGE MISTAKE!

The Great Value brand was extremely bitter. And it began hurting my stomach within just a few moments of taking that first drink. I couldn’t finish the cup.

I won’t be making that mistake again!

I give Great Value Classic Roast Coffee a single star
 
and a big thumbs down.

Now, before anyone asks, these are simply my opinion. I was not offered anything or given anything to make these reviews.

All of that being said… I buy almost everything else as Great Value brand. Most things sold at Walmart are extraordinary! And I am unable to tell them from major brands. And in today’s economy, the prices simply can’t be beat! I shop exclusively at Walmart for all of my needs. So please, no bashing me for putting down only two of the many Great Value brand items in my kitchen cupboard!

Simply put, sometimes you have to pay a little more for something you really like and enjoy, rather than saving a dollar here or there.

When dinner rolled around, I fried DH and DD a pork chop [from Walmart]. These were big, thick juicy pork chops, so I made them one each. Then I baked two baked potatoes each. And reheated the left over pinto beans from the other evening. Me?
 
I had 2 Morning Star Original Veggie Burgers [love those things!], along with 2 potatoes and the beans.

Nice, huh?

So, with all of that, how were my stats for the day?

Calories:          982                 (-458)
Carbs:  1          41g                  (-57)
Fats:                24g                  (-24)
Protein:          59g                 (+5)
Sodium:          1,239 mg         (-261)

So happy!!! Yep, that’s me! Happy, happy, happy!

And when I stepped on the scale this morning, the weight was down!

Yes… it can’t get much better than this!!!

I hope you had a good Sunday, and enjoyed yourself with your loved ones.

So, what’s on your menu for tomorrow night? If you haven’t planned it, why not? Get cracking!!!

I’ll see you back here tomorrow. We’ll be serving up some pasta for dinner.

See ya then!


Me - 16 September 2012
 
Daily Scaley: 282.6
Lost to Date: -20.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment