Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Success is Coming!


And another great day!

I have been enjoying my day working on Christmas projects. I just finished up the index on a book I have been working on for the past couple of months for my Dad for Christmas. Now I simply need to proof-read and edit where necessary and send it off to the printers. Hurray! Another project completed!

I began the day late. DH and I were up late last evening working on our separate projects, so I slept until 10 this morning. Not a good thing. But if I don’t get the sleep I need… well, that’s not a pretty thing either!

So, since it was late when I got up, I ate a late breakfast, that ended up being larger than usual. I took a leftover baked potato and diced it with an onion, and then scrambled 2 eggs with, and had 2 slices of toast. Problem? I used vegetable oil instead of a teaspoon of margarine or non-stick cooking spray. Oh my! That was a whopping 123 calories!  Oh well. I won’t make that mistake again!

When lunch time rolled around, I was still stuffed from breakfast, but about 2:30 I got really hungry. So I ate a cup of Cheerios with ½ cup milk. Just enough to take the edge off the hunger, and kept the calories down since I’d had such a huge breakfast!

I spent the afternoon finishing up the Christmas project book for Dad.

When dinner time rolled around, DH was watching television, and I put two chicken leg quarters [thigh and drumstick] in the oven to bake with a little salt and pepper for DH and DD. I started the oven out at only 350-degrees. Then after half an hour, I increased the temperature to 425-degrees, and that allowed it to crisp nicely. At the half-hour mark, I put two bags of stir fry blend into a large skillet and began heating that, as well as making 4 cups of long grain white rice.

Here’s my dinner:

2- Morning Star chicken patties and the stir fry over rice with a tablespoon of Kikkoman’s Sweet and Sour Sauce. Yum! So good.

So how are my stat’s for the day?

Calories: 1,156            (-284)

Carbs:  144g                (-54)

Fats:    44g                  (-4)

Protein: 49g               (-5)

Sodium: 2,023mg       (+523)

Well, I can’t complain too much. Although the sodium was pretty high, I’ve really got to try to get it down more!

So, what have you been up to today?

I have my Menu’s prepared for the next week. (Do you write up your menu every week?)

I prepare my menu for the week on Tuesday evening, and then do the grocery shopping on Wednesday [I prefer to go mid-week]. I usually go to the grocery store every two weeks, but this time will be for a week only.

Here’s what we’re looking at for the next week:

Wednesday:   ham and cheddar crescents with chips [I’ll have Morning Star chicken nuggets]

Thursday: biscuits and gravy

Friday: chili and cornbread

Saturday: chicken, corn on the cob and rolls [I’ll have a meat substitute]

Sunday: pot roast, potatoes, carrots, onions and celery {I’ll have a meat substitute with the veggies]

Monday: chili dogs and fries [I’ll have a meat substitute and fries – my fries are homemade and baked]

Tuesday: chicken, mac & cheese and canned corn

Easy, peasy meals so that I can continue working as much as possible on Christmas projects. [The clock is ticking!]

Whenever I cook something with meat for DH and DD I fix myself a meat substitute. Sometimes it is veggie burgers, or soy meat substitutes. And sometimes I simply make myself extra helpings of beans or other veggies. And occasionally I’ll substitute with a peanut butter sandwich. It depends upon my mood!

And that’s been my day today.

DD and I are getting up and going to the market early, so I’ll be back here to talk with you again in the evening. DH will be holding down the fort in my absence.

What are your plans for tomorrow?

Be sure to meet me back here after dinner. We’ll share a cup of hot tea. And maybe I’ll get a delicious tea cake to go with that! See ya then!


Daily Scaley: 277.2
Lost to Date: -25.6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment