Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Latest COVID-19 Report for WV




The DHHR of West Virginia reported the following this morning at 10am:

Total Tested:                  117,916

Negative:                       115,728

Positive:                            2,188

Deaths:                                  85  (Up one from last report given on this blog.)


The following Counties reported"

Greenbrier County:               9 (9 Recovered)

Monroe County:                    8 (7 Recovered/ 1 Active)


i was out yesterday, for the first time since this pandemic all began. I forgot my mask at home. DH (Dear Hubby), looked at me and said, "Don't worry babe! Hardly anyone wears a mask any more!"

I was totally overwhelmed  by the lack of people wearing masks! No one was wearing a mask (except my Doctor's office, and the store employees), except  four couples we saw, at different times throughout our trek. I managed to stay 6 feet or more away from people. It was awful! People were pushing their carts up behind us like crazy as we went through the checkout. (Maybe because there was about 8 other cash register open and the people were not going through their self-checkouts as fast as we were!

One woman commented about my 'better than nothing" mask! I was wearing a scarf I had forgotten in the car (just a simple print cotton scarf.) I had folded the cotton scarf in half, and then tied the upper part behind my head, toward the crown. The lower part was tied just below my ears and toward the back of my head. It was comfortable and felt okay, so I went in the store figuring we would do this fast and then get out. People were just as crazy as always. (I hate to go grocery shopping). Okay finished with my little story and short rant. Thanks for reading this far!

As always, stay safe out there people! God loves you, and we do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment