Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Song of the Day - 11 November 2020




Jewel ft. Dolly Parton - My Father's Daughter (Official Video)

I am playing this as the song today, I know it's Veterans Day, and I am a very proud American. And my father gave up 23 years of his life for our Country. He was a member of the U.S.Navy. He spent more time on board a ship than he got to spend at home. But we knew he was gone so that we all could be safe. The goodbyes were always painful. But the coming homes were so special. The years have come and gone, and we lost Mommy in 2015. Daddy and I pore and talk over our genealogy. The more I learn the more I want to learn. So, in that part, I am DEFINITELY my Father's Daughter. I haven't seen my Daddy since the first part of this pandemic broke out. I miss him so. I hope they hurry up and find a cure for this!

Today I salute our Veteran's! And I dedicate this song to my Daddy.  "My Father's Daughter" by Jewel and Dolly Parton.

No comments:

Post a Comment