Sunday, October 25, 2020

WV DHHR COVID-19 UPDATE - 25 October 2020

 Good Sunday morning everyone. Another BEAUTIFYL Lord's day, at least inside. I am praising God after listening to the Gaither Homecoming Group, along with Guy Penrod and David Phelps, sing "It Is Well With My Soul". I posted it on my site just moments ago, so please go and listen. It will bless your soul to listen to it. And if you are a wee bit curious, hop on over to YouTube, do a quick search for 'origins of the hymn It Is Well With My Soul', that, too, will be an emotional blessing for you.

Okay, let's get started with today's update. I want to confess something before we get into this, this morning. I really don't mind doing this daily, if I wasn't reporting to all of you, I would be looking it up myself, out of curiosity. But, I have to tell you, when in our State, even one soul is lost to this virus, my heart bleeds. I don't know if they were Saved by the Blood of Jesus; I don't know the broken hearts that may be suffering from the loss of a family member. Some days, our State is blessed to have no deaths. Other days we lose 8-10 just overnight! Our State has been wonderfully blessed, in that we have lost  423 individuals to this virus thus far. While other states have lost thousands. Only God knows why He has chosen to call certain ones home, and left others here. But, I digress. My heart cries for each death I hear of, in West Virginia, or in other locale's. I have literally spent hours in my office crying. I've read, and heard, it said that this is all a big government hoax, and boy aren't we going to feel foolish after the election when the truth comes out. Maybe so. But, I can't imagine a more cruel hoax. In my family alone, there have been two lost due to "pneumonia", after a bout with the "flu". Both cases were pre-pandemic news, so we don't know for sure. But an immediate family member is left without two close siblings. The siblings left of a fifteen sibling family. Now there is only the one. Surely, it isn't a hoax. Surely the thousands, both here and abroad are not hoaxes. 

Are we becoming de-sensitized to the death count? I mean, we talk about it with such ease any more!  Please, if at any time you think I am no longer sensitive to the lives lost, call me on it! Let me never become immune to the pain our friends and family suffer! Let me always weep over loss, even if it is only one, let me grovel on the floor and pray for this to be over with!

As a minister, let me ready, when I stand before my Lord, to take into account for every soul I did not pray for when I knew someone was hurting, sick, or dying. God help, let me never be immune.


Here is the UPDATE for today:


                                WV                         Greenbrier Co.                         Monroe Co.

Tested:           721,868                           12,619                                         6,611

Positive:           21,906 (up 194)                160                                             220 (up 7)

Recovered:       Not Reported                    136 + 14 Probable                    159 + 8 Probable

Deaths:                  423 (up 1)                         4                                                 8


PLEASE REMEMBER to wear your masks over your nose and mouth when leaving home, and practice good social distancing. Remember to wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer. Wear gloves if you have open cuts or nicks, or sores, on your hands, Doing these things we will eliminate this disease. (If your hands become sore, chapped or cracked, please use a good hand moisturizer to keep them free of these. If you can't get your hands to heal, here is an old trick I used when I was a nurse: coat your hands with petroleum jelly, like Vasoline, at night and put on a pair of white gloves, or a pair of white socks until morning. This also works on cracked feet or feet with heavy callouses as well.) You can wear the socks, or gloves, more than one night. I usually changed them out weekly when I washed my sheets. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Also, you can wear white socks on your hands if you don't have white gloves.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone. God be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment