Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Song of the Day...02 February 2021


An Evening Prayer -  Elvis Presley   [ CC ]

This was one of my Grandpa Dreher's favorite songs. They recited this at his funeral. Hard to believe he's been gone nearly 44 years! (It will be that in May!) One of my favorite things to do was to sit and listen to Grandpa. He could quote Scripture like nobody I ever knew! Then he could turn right around an expound on the Scripture! Well enough that even as a little girl I could understand. And I don't think he ever shushed me when I'd ask him questions!  Nothing was ever too trivial, or too important, that this little girl didn't need to be answered.

Grandpa told me that he liked this song. (I think Jim Reeves also did this song, as did Marty Robbins.) And he used it as a guide to live by. As a Christian, are you spending too much time pointing your finger? Remember, you don't have to open your mouth to live like Jesus. But live above reproach from all. Pray for the lost. Let them know that not only do you love them, but so does our precious Savior! 

Lord, let my life point to the Cross, and keep my tongue from wagging!

No comments:

Post a Comment