Tuesday, May 18, 2021

WV DHHR COVID-19 UPDATE ... 18 May 2021

 Here is the latest update for our State and counties listed:

                                                Tested                    Positive                    Deaths

WV                        (not recorded)            158,888 (+245)                2,763 (+1)

Greenbrier Co.        56,533                     1,952 (+4)                        61 (no change)

Monroe Co.            24,594                      948 (+1)                           17 (no change)

Summers Co.        24,171                       693 (+2)                           22 (no change)


There is still a lot of confusion regarding whether or not those who have been vaccinated should be able to go without a mask or not. The CDC stated yesterday that it would be up to local businesses to decide whether or not to mandate use of a mask in their business setting. And Dr. Fauci made the statement that it would be up to state and local government to decide. As for me, I'm going to continue to wear a mask, even when told it was okay to go without. I have lung problems and I'm just not going to endanger my health. On the flip side, I am not going to be vaccinated unless my physician, and the government states I have to be vaccinated.  I, personally, don't believe they have done enough trials on the vaccine to allow us to make an informed decision on whether or not to get it. And some of the side effects, well, I can do without unless I absolutely must have it!

Stay tuned for more on the masks.

Continue to wash your hands frequently under running water with soap. You may use a hand sanitizer if no running water is available.

Continue to practice Social Distancing.

And no congregating unless you can maintain Social Distancing.

I want to thank all of you for your patience yesterday. Another bad headache day. Computer glow would have killed me! Ugh! But I am some better today.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday afternoon and evening! Stay safe. And God Bless Us All!

No comments:

Post a Comment