Sunday, May 17, 2020

My New Favorite Craft!

    Yes! I'm now making junk journals.

    Okay, so I am imagining a dozen hands going up and each one asking: "what is a junk journal?"

    The easiest way to answer that is taking things we usually don't save, and using that to decorate a journal. And these journals, can be best described as: "A junk journal marries scrapbooking with journaling."

    I absolutely love them!

    I am currently working on journals to put n my Etsy shop. You can make your own filler paper. And your book cover as well. I recently learned that some people were reusing old book covers. In good shape old book covers make wonderful book covers. In worst shape, you can recover the book. But I just wanted to show the book cover I am using on my most recent junk journal.




    Isn't this book simply beautiful? Can you guess it's age?

    What if I were to tell you this particular book is from 1860? Before the Civil War! I simply couldn't believe how beautiful it is! I got one a few weeks ago, but was a 1970's printing. So I figured this was the same thing. But it is 160 years old!  If you look closely you can tell the interior has been redone, which deems it non-saleable for collectors. But I adore it! I'm not sure you can see how old the interior is. Those white pages aren't white at all. They are a creamy off-white and yellow due to age.

    Keep checking back, and I will show you this junk journal when completed. Have a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment