Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Still Not Feeling Well....

 Hi Everyone. Sorry I am not posting our usual posts again today. I am still suffering from vertigo extremely bad. And the nausea. And the migraines. So, I will post little updates as I feel I can. And I ask for your patience, as we muddle along with this recuperation.

On another note, I need to rant a little bit.

Late Saturday evening, our phone went out of service.We live in an area without cell phone service, so we rely heavily on our landline.Part of my early hospital release was contingent on my having a working phone, so that I could call for help if need be, as our car is in the shop for repairs. So, I can't even get my husband to take me to the hospital if needed to! (Since we are both retired, we only have one car.) I chatted with Frontier online just a little while ago, to see if they had an update to our "area outage". They have no estimate as to how long it will take for regaining service to the area. The Tech did take all of my information, including my need for a phone due to recent hospitalization, and gave me a ticket repair number. I guess she thinks that even though it is an area outage, if she reports I have no dial tone, they can somehow fix just my line and get us back up! So, I said, "Will we get any credit on our next bill for time spent without phone service? She said yes, but that I would need to call them to request that. (Don't you know I will!) I don't understand it, but the outage came several days after severe weather. Not during it. So, if they needed to repair line, it looks like they could have let us know in advance. If there was another phone service in the area, I would switch. However, there isn't. Frontier is our only available service. (Such is the woes of the rural consumer.) (I should be happy our Internet is still up, since both the phone and Internet come in on Fiber Optic cable.)

Thanks for letting me fuss a bit.

I will get back to regular posts, once I am a bit stronger. Until then, stay safe everyone, and healthy!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment