Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Welcome! Come on in and set a'spell!

    Hey ya'all! So happy to see you! I see you are wearing your medical grade mask. (Where did you manage to find any?) I'm busy making some handmade, but have to leave a pocket for the N.95 inserts I've ordered. They could come in around/about May 2nd.

    Can you raise the mask enough for tea and biscuits? ……..Oh that is great! We'll sit the 6-foot apart to minimize exposure to one another. I have lemon verbena and  I've made dandelion tea for the great anti-oxidanta, and I have enough dandelion greens to make you some if you would like...……? Wonderful! I'll let you put sugar or cream if you'd like. The biscuits are also lemon. I grated lemon peel and used the pulp when making the biscuits.

    How are you doing passing your time on self-isolation? As I've said, I've been making masks, and am waiting for the filtration to arrive.

    What was that? You can't put sugar in your tea? Or cream? Oh. silly me! This virtual tea party is becoming more and more a part of our every day lives! Sis, please don't forget to take care of yourself after spending time taking care of Dad! You are so busy, I'm afraid you'll forget to take care of you!

    Let's meet again tomorrow. Same time? Be sure to make your pot of tea there. We'll have our own tea party!

    I know,  the new stat's on the COVID-19 virus are really scary. And they say our state, West Virginia, hasn't even peaked yet!

    Ya know, I read the DHHR stats on the COVID-19 for West Virginia this morning. I think it was 10:00a.m. when I read them. There have been 25,836 tests in WV so far. 24,897 tested negative. 939 have tested positive. And there have been 26 deaths in WV alone. Greenbrier County, where you live, has only had 3 cases so far. And Monroe County, where I live was just 2 confirmed cases up until two days ago, but now there are 5 positive cases . And just a few minutes ago, there was an infant tested positive in the state, but no county was ID'd. I'm glad they have kept that secret for now.

    Okay, Sis! I know you gotta go! Talk to you again tomorrow!

    I guess that just leaves me and you on my blog! I've got a few more things I'd like to tell you about. And since you're here in at my 'virtual behest', I'll just keep talking, and when you're ready to leave, well...you just tell me good-bye then. Okay?

    Good, then.  So.....are you staying busy? About to go stir-crazy? Yeah, yeah, I've been crafting , making bound junk journals,  and regular journals and photo albums. They are all turning out so beautiful! And I'm reading a lot. Studying the Book of Revelations, one cha[ter at a time. It's such a fascinating book! After Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins wrote their interpretation of Revelations, in the Left Behind series, I can't get it out of my mind! It's awesome, it's intellectual as you attempt to interpret it, and it's awe inspiring! For the things that are able to be understood will mesmerize and make you seem so low in the scheme of things. So, the Bible series has a great study guide. And I'm going through that right now. Love it!

    After I finished up reading Bound by Erica Ekrem, I started reading this book: "Woman in Red: Magdalene Speaks" by Krishna Rose.


And this is a great read! I hadn't slept any night before last, therefore I was sleepy, but I did read the great reviews on this book. And it's a story I am already wrapped up in (my private research goes right through her!), although the Mary I have been searching and researching for is not the Magdalene. Be watching soon for my review on this book, as well as another I am currently reading (yes, I know, two books at once! How do I keep them separate in my mind? People always ask me that. It's simple, I never read two books at once that are similar. So the second book I am currently reading is ;Making Handmade Books" by Alisa Golden.

Gotta love this cover! Look at all the books, and their various bindings! Awesome picture! I want to make my next lot of books to try to recreate this stack of books! Can you imagine these? Love their look! Can't you just hardly wait to open one and begin it as a junk journal? So cool!

    I'll let you know how these books turn out! Have a great rest of the day! Yep, take your headphones off, and close your Windows, and then log out. And don't forget to either turn off your power bar, or unplug your computer, etc. for the day.

    Go take a walk in your own back yard to breathe in a little fresh air. Then back inside for a late lunch. Then read a while. Catch up on laundry and dishes. Then we'll cook up something yummy for dinner tonight. And maybe even fix an easy dessert. I've got walnuts and bananas. Think I'm gonna make some banana bread for my DH. It's one of his favorites! He asks for so little, so when he does ask for something, I really try to make it happen! Love that fella so!

    Yeah, I know you gotta go. Me too. See ya tomorrow. Same time!

    Mwah!




   

No comments:

Post a Comment