Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Pearl S. Buck Elementary School Chorus

These children do an amazing performance of "Love, Peace, and Freedom". They are from the school named after one of my favorite novelists of all time. As a small child she lived not far from here in Hillsboro, WV. Her parents became missionries to China. After coming back to America, Pearl decided to go back to China, as a missionary, and to live with her parents. Her father had written and said her mother was ailing, she went back to mostly care for her mother, and stayed to become 'Sai Zenzhu' (her Chinese given name.) Pearl was born in 1892 and died 1973. I remember as a teen finding out she had died. I cried for hours. Her writing was some of my favorite school assignments (I went to a private Christian based school.) She brought China alive for me, as well as the dangers for Christian missionaries there. I started praying for them then, and I continue to do so. She wrote many books, and every one was just so good! If you haven't read anything by Buck, let me recommend that you get started with "The Good Earth".

No comments:

Post a Comment