Monday, October 8, 2012

Wet and Rainy....But A Glorious Day!


A rather glorious day here in the mountains. But very cool! It seems that fall has arrived in all of its glory, and winter will not be far behind!

We have had to turn our heat on at long last.

I began this morning at 6 a.m. Yes, you read that right! I was awake and up at 6 a.m. But before you go about congratulating me for getting my days and nights corrected at long last… I must tell you, I went back to bed at 7 and slept in until 10:30. It seems that I simply cannot get enough rest these days!

I began this morning with my tea of honey and cinnamon. While I don’t detest this…. It is nonetheless difficult to swallow the last dregs down. Yuck! But I am relatively pain free and able to move about without pain for the first time in years! And so, I continue to drink this, and will continue to do so, twice daily!

I also had yogurt and toast for breakfast.

Lunch was simply macaroni and tomatoes. [Sorry, no pic.]

I got a bit of work done on Mother’s Christmas gift today, and should have everything in order within the next several days. Then I can get the book to the printer, and hopefully have it printed and to me around the first of the month! I am thrilled!
Aunt Lydia's Classic 10
2,730 yards ball

I got this wonderful huge ball of #10 bedspread cotton in today, to make snowflakes for my Christmas tree. A few years ago, when in Texas, I had a real tree and made 100 white crocheted snowflakes for the tree, and was enthralled with it. I want to recreate that tree again this year! And I cannot wait! So, tonight while I watch something on Netflix I will be working on my snowflakes! [I even have Texichick, our grown daughter, singing Christmas carols already!]

I did finish up the third in the 12-Days of Christmas dishcloths. Three French Hens. I used a dark blue, and they don’t show up really well, but if you look closely, you will be able to see that there are indeed three hens… a small one inside of a medium one, inside of a large on. I’ll next have to work on the 4th one! Do you remember which one that is? [Hint: it’s birds again!]

For dinner this evening, I simply felt like fast food. So, with coupons in hand…Texichick went to Hardee’s and picked up dinner.
I had onion rings and
 
breaded chicken tenders.

I don’t guess I need to tell you…. It shot my stats all to h-e-double-toothpicks! But it was good. And so far…. [knock on wood]….my stomach isn’t hurting from the meat. [A combination of medications to try to allow me to digest the meat…it’s a trial, so we’ll see how well it works.]

So, just what were my stats for the day?

Calories: 1,792            [+352]

Carbs: 184g                 [-14]

Fats: 68g                     [+20]

Protein: 103g             [+49]

Sodium: 4,497mg       [+2,997]

I sincerely doubt we’ll see that the scale moved any at all tomorrow, unless it is to see a bloat perhaps! [Ugh!] But we enjoyed our evening together, and it is so rare that we ever do this. I refuse to fret over it.

And now, I’m going to scoot so I can turn on Netflix and watch a movie while I crochet snowflakes! [I have so many Christmas projects I want to do yet!]

Do you enjoy making a “homemade” Christmas?

Are you making anything special this year?

Well, let’s plan to meet back here again, tomorrow evening. I am going to visit with my parents tomorrow. First time in over 2 weeks! So I am anxious to go! Dinner will be a simple “breakfast for dinner” affair, so if you like pancakes, eggs and veggie sausage, come join us!

Please have a wonderful evening!

 

Me Today

Dailey Scaley: 247.7

Lost to Date: -55.1 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment