Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday - Over The Hump


Another great day here in the mountains of home.

The fall colors are really starting to pop here. The mornings are cool, and the leaves are a brilliant myriad of colors on the trees. I really must get out and get some photos taken before they all fall from the trees and they are bare!

Texican and I started the morning as usual at the kitchen table. I had my morning hot tea and added a side of dry Cheerios.

I spent the day working on my Mom’s Christmas gift. In case you haven’t been following, I am working on a photo and document book, which contains all of the photos and documents we have on her side of the family. This will be a book she can look through, much as you would a scrapbook or photo album. [I made my Dad a similar one for this year with his side of the family.]

At noon I broke and hate a cup of pinto beans that were left over from the other day. So good!
 
Then it was back to work.

 

At dinner time, I stopped and made what my Mom used to call her Spanish Rice. This really isn’t Spanish rice, but everyone enjoys it.

 

2onions, diced

2 cloves of garlic, minced

1 large green bell pepper diced

2 tablespoons cooking oil

4 cups cooked long grain white rice

9 eggs, whisked with 1-tablespoon whole milk

1 large can petite diced tomatoes, drained

1 medium jar chunky mild salsa

In a large skillet sauté onions, garlic and bell pepper until the pepper is soft and onions are translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble the eggs. When the eggs are cooked, add the onion mixture, and incorporate well. Add rice, tomatoes and salsa, and stir over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.

Even Texican enjoys this. This serves about 6-8 people, depending upon how big of an appetite you have!

 

After dinner, Texican and I watched Ghost Hunters on the SyFy channel. [I love that show!] While watching that, I had 10 crackers which I spread with some cream cheese and made into sandwiches. Can’t do that very often, but I had the calories left, and it tasted so good!

So… what were my stats for the day?

 

Calories: 1,151    [-289]

Carbs: 157g    [-41]

Fats: 28g    [-20]

Protein: 48g    [-6]

Sodium: 2,485mg    [+985]

So, except for the sodium, it was a stellar day! I certainly won’t complain!

 

I started on a series of Christmas dishcloths for the shop last night, and have about half of the first one completed. They will be the 12 Days of Christmas. This first one is all white, and will represent the Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Hard to see it now, but it is coming into place! [I am watching Upstairs/ Downstairs on Netflix while I knit!]

And that is about it today!

What crafts are you working on?

Is your menu ready for tomorrow? [If not… then why not?]

Let’s meet back here again tomorrow evening, when I’ll show you more of the dishcloth as I progress.

Have a great evening my friends!

 

Me Today

 

Daily Scaley: 255.0

Lost to Date: -47.8 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment