Friday, September 10, 2021

Charles Aznavour's “Yesterday When I Was Young” by Willie Nelson


I find this song is mirroring my life. I was young for so long. Now sickness , a body that bends for me in every wrong direction I hate to undress any more. The wrinkles, the dirty looking yellow hair that has changed what had turned silver, is so ugly yellow. The rest is filled with slivers of my ugly  my old black, laced with beautiful silver. 

 Every breathe is painful. I tell my family "I'm okay!" I can't bear to tell them I'd rather just  lay down in my bed, and just never get up again. Pills are the only way I can move about with a modicum of somewhat comfort. 

My husband fusses at me more than I can really tolerate. But he told me he fusses at me so I ll be able to take care of myself  when something happens to him. He's afraid he'll go before me. And that might be. But he has given me a terrible cough. My skin smells like his cigarettes. Nasty smelling! The worst is my pocket book, When I unzip it, you can small his nasty smell. Once the doctor told me she can smell his cigarettes on me. He smokes when I'm in the car, and  I get covered with the smell! What can I say!


 be. He certainly has lots of symptoms of cancer from smoking. His smoking has certainly

No comments:

Post a Comment