Monday, April 20, 2020

Texicanwife is Back!

    The Texicanwife is back! Once more she will be here to inform you, ask you, report to you, and hopefully answer you!

       Yes! We have moved since last our post. You can't see it here, but there is a long-long-LONG trailer on the opposite side of the depot. And that is where the Dh and I now reside. DH retired in 2011, while I didn't retire until 2018, when we were offered the job of caretakers for this place.(This was an N&W RR station from 1907-1932. It then became a general store, and stayed that until about 1980 or so. It then became a restaurant for hunters, which is a seasonal thing here.)

    Since this photograph was taken, the little red house you can just make out on the opposite side of the Depot is gone. (Torn down as it was unsafe, and it made way for our very LONG trailer!) The Depot has since been painted, and the lower floor is used for the Bean(e) reunions as well as the Caldwell reunions. Yep, my sister bought the place in 2018. The main room is a museum for family to walk through. And the old grain room is now a dining room for family reunions.

    The Depot is state of the art in digital camera protection. It records, as well as is monitored. DH is security first step. I am second step monitoring to make sure that law enforcement has been dispatched when needed. We are proud to be a part of this historic building's comeback!

    Home is wherever your family is at. At least that's what they say. And for us, it's the truth! We love living and entertaining here. So stay tuned for some of our events!

    Be watching for reviews on everything! So if you have a product that you would like to see reviewed, please let us know in the comments below!

    Books reviewed will show a link here for my 'The Books on My Shelf', where I review every book I read. You can catch up by clicking here! And if you do, please click on the FOLLOW button and subscribe to follow our book reviews and Texicanwife, this spot as well!

    I will be posting often! And I look forward to meeting as many of you as I possibly can! So for now, I will simply say, I hope to see you soon!
                                                              - - - Texicanwife

No comments:

Post a Comment